Lexington Art League
The Lexington Art League makes its community room available to the public for workshops, meetings, and other events. The community room is available if there are no pre-scheduled events and if the proposed activity and date/time is deemed appropriate by league management.
Deposits & Fees
- Please be aware that the community room is on the second floor of the Loudoun House, and there are no elevators available. This means that people with physical disabilities may not be able to attend your activity.
- The Lexington Art League is a gallery that displays valuable and sometimes fragile works of art. The individual signing this form agrees to accept financial responsibility for any and all damages to artworks, facilities, or equipment owned by Lexington Art League that might occur as a result of your activity.
- Reservations should be made at least 4 weeks prior to the event. Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to your scheduled event in order to receive a refund.
- Maximum capacity for the auditorium is 24 people.
- Refreshments are permitted. The Lexington Art League does not have a catering contract with any providers. Therefore, you are permitted to bring in food and drinks from any source. However, if alcohol is to be offered, you must adhere to all state and local laws and regulations. Please contact the Lexington ABC Office at (859) 280-8486.
- The user is responsible for event setup, including moving tables, chairs, etc.
- The user is responsible for providing all technology required for the event, including computers, projectors, screens, sound equipment, etc.
- The user is responsible for all clean up after the event, including taking out trash & sweeping floors. The dumpster is located within the fence on the south side of the building. Cleaning supplies and equipment are stored in the closet adjacent to the kitchen.
- The community room must be returned to its original condition at the conclusion of an event. All tables and chairs must be returned to their original location.
- Room usage must be approved by and is at the sole discretion of league management.
Deposits & Fees
- A $50 cleaning deposit for all activities must be paid 7 days in advance. The deposit will be refunded in full if room is appropriately cleaned and all furniture is returned to original location.
- For all revenue generating activities, the Lexington Art League requires a payment of 20% of the event’s estimated gross revenue up to a maximum of $100 per day. Payment is required 48 hours prior to the event.
- For after hours events, the responsible party will need to access a facility key from league staff and receive training on how to lock and secure the facility. The Lexington Art League has a very small staff, and we can't provide staffing at all hours.
We are proud to be an adopter of GoodGiving.net. Check out our portrait today!
All Lexington Art League programs are made possible through the generous support of LexArts. LexArts allocation of $50,000 represents the largest single donation to the operations of the Lexington Art League.
The Kentucky Arts Council, a state arts agency, provides operating support to the Lexington Art League with state tax dollars and federal funding from the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional support provided by Lexington Parks & Recreation.