Executive Director Position
Applications due: May 31, 2018
The Lexington Art League (lexingtonartleague.org), a contemporary, community-based visual art center in Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking interested and qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director. Begun in 1957 as an artists league, and having significantly evolved since that time, LAL is seeking an individual who will lead and manage the organization, work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic direction including the further development and implementation of sustainable revenue models, and broaden and deepen the the community-based mission of the Lexington Art League (LAL). The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. The Board President serves as the Executive Director’s supervisor.
Operational Management, Including;
• Provide ongoing administrative management and oversight
• Hire, direct, and evaluate staff, and maintain a positive and productive work environment
• Develop and oversee annual budgets, provide ongoing financial management
• Assure compliance with all legal, financial, and ethical standards
• Complete operational funding grants and pursue additional grant opportunities
Development and Fundraising, Including;
• Devise and implement a comprehensive development program
• Cultivate ongoing donor relationships and identify new donors and donor groups to enlarge donor base
• Secure sponsorships for LAL exhibitions, events, and programs
• Program productive fundraising events and programs aligned with organizational resources
Programmatic Direction, Including;
• Direct and oversee LAL programs, exhibitions, and events
• Provide continuous assessment of the quality and success of LAL activities and assessment of their viability and sustainability
• Develop and implement activities that further LAL’s mission
• Establish creative programmatic partnerships with other local and regional entities
• Serve as spokesperson and public face of LAL
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with individuals, neighborhood and community groups, artists, and funding agencies
• Maintain and increase the network of LAL partners, supporters, and others vital to organizational success
• Promote a positive and transparent image of LAL
Must have substantial experience in the leadership and management of an organization(s), including budgetary and financial management, staff and personnel management, team building, and operational management. Experience in non-profit management strongly preferred. Will consider those currently in management positions other than executive director or equivalent. Must have and be able to demonstrate substantial experience in and affinity for development and fundraising. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and ease in public speaking. Background and degree in visual arts or related fields preferred.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Lexington Art League provides benefits to its employees including health insurance benefits, annual and sick leave, and voluntary participation in a 403(k) program.
Interested individuals should send a detailed resume along with a cover letter of no more than 500 words detailing reasons for interest in the position and a summary of relevant interests and experiences. Finalists for the position will be expected to provide three references, one of whom must be/have been a direct work supervisor.
All applications will be treated confidentially by the Lexington Art League Executive Director Search Committee until an applicant becomes a finalist for the position. Applications must be received by May 31, 2018.
Application materials should be sent electronically to Julie Wilson, President of the Lexington Art League at email@example.com.