The Lexington Art League offers professional internship opportunities on an ongoing basis. Internships can be tailored to the individual's interest, availability, and educational requirements. Typically an intern will work 120-150 total hours over the course of 3-4 months under the supervision of LAL staff. While many interns are students, enrollment in a college or university is not required.
Internship positions are available in the following areas
- Art Education: An intern in this position will gain a variety of direct experience in facilitating visual arts education and engagement experiences for LAL's education and community outreach programming.
- Event Specialist: This intern will assist with event management activities including working with volunteers, caterers, rental equipment, musicians, and artists.
- Gallery Specialist: Assist the Exhibition Director in managing calls for art, curating and installing exhibition, maintaining a professional exhibition space, and reconditioning the galleries as needed.
- Generalist: An intern in this position will gain a broad view of how a non-profit works, and will conduct activities across all departments including exhibitions, community outreach, events, membership, marketing, and administration.
- Graphic Design: This intern will create small in-house printed materials for programs and events as needed throughout the fall as well as periodically updating the website and social media pages.
- Photographer/Videographer: This intern will primarily focus on capturing new photographs and/or videos that will ultimately be used in LAL marketing and education programming.
- Marketing and Social Media : This intern will lead social media campaign, assist with creating newsletters, blog posts, media pitches, website updates, marketing research, assist with the creation and implementation of PR record keeping and marketing campaigns, update LAL’s style guide, and revise and expand press contact list.
TO APPLY: email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns at the Lexington Art League do not receive monetary compensation.