LEXington Art League Internship Opportunities
The Lexington Art League offers professional internship opportunities on an ongoing basis. Internships can be tailored to the individual's interest, availability, and educational requirements. Typically an intern will work 120-150 total hours over the course of 3-4 months under the supervision of LAL staff. While many interns are students, enrollment in a college or university is not required.
internship positions are available in the following areas
- Art Education and Outreach Specialist: An intern in this position will gain a variety of direct experience in facilitating visual arts education and engagement experiences for LAL's education and community outreach programming.
- Artist Archive Interns: Interns in this position will spend the summer growing our catalog of artists represented in the LAL Living Artist Archive, a database of profiles launching in April 2014 featuring artists living and working in Central Kentucky.
- Community Engagement Intern: We are looking for a responsible student interested in community engagement.
- Development & Fundraising Specialist: This unique opportunity allows individuals to explore the dynamic process of gift cultivation, solicitation, management, and acknowledgment.
- Event Specialist: This intern will assist with event management activities including working with volunteers, caterers, rental equipment, musicians, and artists.
- Generalist: An intern in this position will gain a broad view of how a non-profit works, and will conduct activities across all departments including exhibitions, community outreach, events, membership, marketing, and administration.
- Graphic Design Intern: This intern will create small in-house printed materials for programs and events as needed throughout the fall as well as periodically updating the website and social media pages.
- Photographer/Videographer Intern: will primarily focus on capturing new photographs and/or videos that will ultimately be used in LAL marketing and education programming.
- Marketing/PR Writer and Administrator: This intern will assist with creating newsletters, blog posts, media pitches, website updates, marketing research,assisting with the creation and implementation of PR record keeping and marketing campaigns, updating LAL’s style guide, and revision and expansion of press contact list.
- Visitor Services Intern: The individual applying for this position should be friendly, outgoing and possess customer service skills.
TO APPLY: email cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com
Interns at the Lexington Art League do not receive monetary compensation.